Monday, April 9, 2012

GUARDIAN METERS

MORNING AT THE AVALON

I do not have the intention of having parking meters in all my photographs. The idea of a conceptual art series/theme is not what I am after. That said, I do like this little sub-series of my Eureka theme. As I mentioned yesterday, I do not go looking for specific compositions. I usually have some building in mind when I start photographing. For months I started my mornings at or near the Lloyd Building, and then I would venture in ever widening circles as I explored the business district of town. I think I favor buildings like this one that have not been remodeled. There usually are things about the original architecture that draws my attention to a specific building.

I spent a lot of time on this image in post production processing in Lightroom. My process is not all that different from the days where I used photo oil paints on black and white prints. It is all in the details, and I find that to be my truth with my current process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment