Tuesday, June 12, 2012

CONTINUING ON THE THEME OF IMPERMANANCE

INTERIOR OF BURNED OUT SNAG, ARCATA, 2007

This image was taken from inside a burned out old-growth redwood snag not far from our place. I first photographed this particular snag in the mid nineteen-eighties. Back then I used my old four-by-five view camera, and shot it all in black and white. When I took this image the snag was still fairly massive in its size. When they logged out back two years ago a tree was dropped on top of this snag, and most of it was beaten back into the earth.

SNAG, ARCATA COMMUNITY FOREST, 2011

I think that this validates my point about the impermanence of all thing great and small. I do not have much else to say about the subject today. I am very content in the knowledge that my experience with this snag provides me.

No comments:

Post a Comment