Thursday, May 31, 2012

DEALING WITH FORM AND COLOR

HAVING FUN WITH FORM AND COLOR, FERNBRIDGE, MAY 2012

This particular image is one of those that needed a few days to simmer before I was willing to consider it as a part of this body of work (the actual print looks much better then this low-end jpg). I used the 17mm TS lens, and had the rise up all the way. I used "live view" with this shot (I almost always use live view with this lens). Live view helps me compose the shot, but the main reason for using it is that the I can magnify the image on the LCD for critical focusing. I also check the depth-of-field in the magnify mode, and by using my new poor-man's Hoodman.

I am not yet sure how this image conveys the essence of Fernbridge. Since it is an unnatural view that does not mimic the normal human vision, and I cannot come up with a description of how it affects me, I think then, that it  is a successful  visual statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment