Thursday, April 26, 2012

PRIMARY COLORS, ADDITIVE AND SUBTRACTIVE

LAS VEGAS, NEW MEXICO, 2010

I photographed in Las Vegas several times during my stay there in 2010. I first saw Las Vegas while I was on a week-long bicycle tour of the mountain country of New Mexico. I was with a large group, and Las Vegas was the destination of our second day of riding. I knew then that I would return some day with proper camera gear so that I could properly explore the town. I did find that this place was more visually stimulating to me than was Santa Fe.

I keep coming across this photo as a candidate to print and show, but I always seem to brush it aside. I kept telling myself that people would not appreciate it like I do. Then I remembered that I am best off when I trust my vision - even if others may not "get it".

I think the splash of blue at the lower left is essential to the success of this image. That is a lesson I learned from looking at a Curtis Otto painting recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment