Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sunny Beaches: That's Fun

For the last two weeks my photography has been mostly focused on Alexis and Sydney. In fact, almost all of my energy has been devoted to them. I find that I am "always on". They have me wrapped around their fingers, and they know how to charm, and cajole me to achieve their individual and collective wishes.

Not that I am complaining, but it is work. I know that they are having a really great time, and that soon the bliss of childhood may be gone for them as the pressures to conform increase. For now they are still relatively free to be free as they lose themselves in play and activities.

Maybe I am envious. I wonder how can these beings have the freedom to go so easily to that state of bliss. Why do I have to sit, chant, pray, meditate, pray to achieve moments of that "Oneness"?

I answer that question with a prayer of thanksgiving as I am reminded of what the great teacher said "that we are to enter the Kingdom of heaven as children". 

Here are my teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment